Book a Room
Sign Up for Updates
Stay informed about the latest events, news, developments and offers available at Ramside
Request Ramside Hall Hotel Brochures / Christmas Brochure
The Hotel History
In Elizabethan times Ramside Hall was known as Ramside Grange. Ramside was purchased by Thomas Pemberton in 1820, he demolished the old Grange house and erected a new building which he called Belmont Hall. Belmont parish came into existence in 1852, the church built on land donated from the Pemberton estate.
The first railway, forming part of the first main line south was opened in 1844 and effectively split the parish into two sections Carrville and Belmont. In 1963 the Pembertons sold the Hall and it became a Hotel (still owned by the same family) and the ancient name of Ramside was restored.
The property known as Ramside Hall Hotel has developed over the years most recent additions are:
- 1984 24 bedrooms
- 1989 50 bedrooms
- 1996 27 hole of golf opened
- 1999 The Golf Clubhouse opened
- 1999 The Bishops Suite opened
- 2009 The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill Restaurant opened
- 2010 The Rib Room Lounge Bar opened
- 2011 Bathroom refurbishment completed
Anyone for Golf?
Ramside Hall Hotel is proud to be the North East's largest privately owned Hotel with golf.
Plans for the Future
Ramside Hall Hotel now has detailed planning permission and plans for the future include: more golf holes thereby creating two 18 holes golf courses, the addition of 40 more luxury bedrooms with golf views, a leisure spa with treatment rooms and hydrotherapy pools and a 700 seat conference centre.