Book a Room
Sign Up for Updates
Stay informed about the latest events, news, developments and offers available at Ramside
Request Ramside Hall Hotel Brochures / Christmas Brochure
Civil Ceremonies and Partnerships
We are a licensed venue for civil marriages and we also offer civil partnerships and baby naming services. Having held the licence for many years we can give testimony to lots of wonderfully happy, intimate, informal, joyous occasions.
We have three suites licensed for civil/partnership ceremonies. These are only available provided that your reception is also held here.
- Fountain Room - for up to 60 people
- Ballroom (not Foyer) - for up to 300 people
- Bishops Suite - seats up to 80, 240 or 400 (in sections)
We provide ceremony packages that include venue hire as well as the following:
- 1 Beautiful floral arrangements (colours of your choice).
- After the ceremony we move the flowers to your Reception room. Please feel free to take civil flowers home with you after the event.
- An official Usher and Manager to oversee and co-ordinate the proceedings.
- Room set with 6 feet wide red carpets, creating an aisle down the length of the room to the polished.
- Chippendale desk and floral pedestals.
- Comfortable seating for your guests.
- Chair covers are available to hire with various colours and sashes to choose from.
- Assistance with the delivery of your choice of music. Ideally 3 - 4 pieces of music should be chosen.
Why Have a Civil Ceremony?
There are many reasons why you might choose a civil ceremony - perhaps you have no religious beliefs, it may be a second marriage or perhaps you want to get married somewhere a little different.
A civil ceremony contains no religious elements or any religious connotations. It is conducted and registered by the Superintendent Registrar or Deputy. Marriage ceremonies are performed subject to the availability of Ramside Hall Hotel and the Registrars.
Organising Your Ceremony
Once you have made your booking with us, you are responsible for contacting the Superintendent Registrar (0191 386 4077) to check the date and availability. Please note they cannot formally confirm the date and time until 12 months prior to the event. You are required to pay the Registrars' fees direct.
Public access to the marriage/partnership ceremony must be permitted. Any live entertainment, music or verse need to be agreed by the Registrar and Ramside Hall. No food and drink may be consumed within the room the marriage is to take place in an hour prior to the ceremony and for an hour after.
If you require further details about weddings at Ramside contact the wedding team and they will be delighted to help. You can also download our full PDF guide.
Tel 0191 3865282