COVID-19 Operating Procedures
The safety and wellbeing of our staff, guests and suppliers is our number one priority and it is for this reason we will be implementing and following the current Government Guidelines.
We all have a responsibility to continue to observe these guidelines and therefore no guests, staff or suppliers should arrive at the hotel if they have any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
All signage displayed must be read and adhered too.
In readiness of our opening on 4th July (date is subject to change dependent on Government decision) we will be making specific changes to our operation with the minimum of compromise to our guest care and professional service that we provide.
Cleaning and Sanitisation
- We have a 24 hour housekeeping team who will carry out frequent cleaning using antiviral disinfectant and sanitiser throughout the hotel focusing on points of high contact and use. We have automatic doors to the entrances to the hotel, golf club and spa. In the main areas internal doors are held open by magnetic fasteners reducing contact with door handles.
- Where appropriate PPE will be provided to team members and return to work assessments carried out in addition to recorded daily health checks including individual temperature checks which will be recorded confidentially and held by HR.
- Hand sanitisation stations will be available in all guest public areas and back of house for staff use with instructional signage.
- Magazines, newspapers and information literature will be removed from public areas and issued for single use upon request.
- Signage will be displayed in the guest toilets and back of house staff areas advising of the correct hand washing procedures.
Additional checks of bedrooms will be carried out using a back lighter.
- As mentioned previously it is the responsibility of us as a business and all of us as individuals to follow Government Guidelines with regards to social distancing. This information will be displayed and amended in line with the latest Government Guidelines.
- Ozone generator machines will be used throughout the hotel which is a proven disinfectant tool that kills both airborne viruses and those on hard surfaces.
- Complimentary toiletries, coffee and tea items will be available and thoroughly cleaned in-between each use and glasses and china will be sanitised.
- All rooms will be cleaned using antiviral disinfectant and sanitiser and single use cloths.
- Hotel linen will be thermally disinfected to UK healthcare standards.
- Where possible bedrooms will be left fallow for 72 hours in between cleaning and the arrival off next guest.
- Face masks will be available upon request from reception.
- Individual sanitisers will be provided for guests in the bedrooms.
- On arrival guests will be able to take their temperature using a wall mounted infra-red thermometer.
- Seating will be repositioned in guest and staff areas to create the recommended spacing.
- Guest lifts will be used for ascending journeys only and included in the cleaning and sanitising schedules.
- Perspex screens will be installed at the reception desks and points of sale throughout the hotel.
Restaurants and Bars
- Social distancing measures will be implemented when allocating tables across the restaurants.
- Plated breakfast will be served.
- Table reservations will need to be made in advance and dining times adhered to. Bookings should be made on line.
- Menus will be single use.
- Room service will be available. Trays will be delivered to the guest’s bedroom and the door knocked to indicate delivery.
- Trays will be collected from outside the bedroom.
- Outside dining will be offered, weather permitting
Meeting Rooms and Conferences
- Meeting room capacities and layouts will be calculated to ensure social distancing guidelines are observed.
- All meeting rooms will be cleaned throughout using antiviral disinfectant, sanitiser and single use cloths.
- Registration desks where required will be provided with a Perspex screen.
- Pre ordered plated lunches will be served.
- Meeting room stationary will not be laid on the tables. This will be available from a side station and disposed of after use.
- AV equipment will be sanitised prior to the meeting.
- Sanitiser stations and disposable sanitising wipes will be available within the meeting rooms.
- Meetings will have a dedicated member of staff.
- Instructional signage will be displayed throughout the venue.
Spa and Gym
The Spa and Gym will be opened in line with government guidelines. It is anticipated that the use will be restricted to maximum numbers and pre booked slots will be required to ensure social distancing guidelines are observed.
Ramside Golf Club
A full COVID-19 Operating Procedure is available at: https://www.ramsidehallhotel.co.uk/golf/
Our Team Safety
- A return to work assessment will be carried out prior to staff returning to work.
- A daily health check will be carried out including a temperature check on arrival, records will be held and stored confidentially by HR.
- Staff training will be delivered and recorded to include COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- All staff will be provided with PPE where appropriate.
- Additional hand washing procedures and records to be introduced to all departments.
- Shift start times will be staggered within departments.
- Staff break and meal times will be staggered.
We will deliver accurate and timely information to our staff, guests and suppliers via the most effective platforms including web based, newsletters and in-person briefings and upon any amendment to this document.